Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The countdown has begun.

We are inside of 3 weeks now until we move, so the countdown has begun! Things are coming together, and we're past the point of no return.

We've booked our flights, leaving on Dec 17th, and we're going to stop over in Maui for 6 days on our way over to start our journey off right. We'll arrive in Sydney on Christmas Eve. Rob Jones, my friend and future boss, is kindly hosting Polly and I for Christmas. Sounds like a tough day...go to the beach, come back to his house and BBQ and swim in his pool. I think I can adjust to Christmas in the summer. We can't wait to meet his two sons Ben & Ryan. We hope we can be sort-of adopted Aunt & Uncles.

We just had a wonderful visit with family for Thanksgiving. It makes me realize just how much we all have to be thankful for. I'm hoping they get to come visit, but I certainly understand the difficulty being so far away. We'll miss them all, and certainly miss our 3 beautiful nieces! (Thanks for the crown Sara).




We do have some great news. We had 3 offers on our boat (http://www.nyra.org/forsale/beneteau361.html) on the SAME DAY! How crazy is that? Also, it looks like someone will be renting our house from us. It will be very nice to have those two large items done before we leave.

We're down to only the bare minimum in the house now. Also, we had our incredible painter do some final touchup work on our house. I rarely will give anyone such amazing reviews, but I can honestly say I can't recommend him highly enough. Please email me if you would like his contact information.

We've been truly blessed in many ways, and it's becoming even more evident when we are witnessing our family and friends throwing us parties and farewell dinners. They've been wonderful experiences, and we're looking forward to more of them. Kind of makes you think "Why don't we have parties like this all the time?" :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can't believe it!! You are about to get on the plane or have already departed, as it's Sunday (12/07)!!! I miss you already, but look so forward to making my trip out to Aussie Land!! Happy early Birthday Polly-Wolly!! Wish I could have a Mai-Tai with you on your special day! Enjoy your relaxing vacation in Hawaii and please be safe getting settled in Sydney. God bless you both on this wonderful adventure you are taking! Love you!! Kim